[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - The Avengers: Infinity War • 2018
It is currently July 7th 2020 12:05 pm

Post Posted: October 28th 2014 5:12 pm

Join: January 22nd 2004 10:02 pm

Post Posted: October 29th 2014 11:41 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
Would be very surprised if Whedon isn't in the directors chair.

Instead of the usual suspects, expect to see the new line up of Black Panther, Ms Marvel, Dr.Strange, Ant-Man and the GotG be involved.

Post Posted: December 13th 2014 7:12 pm

Post Posted: December 13th 2014 8:30 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
I love what the Russo bro's have done with Cap, but I like the idea that Whedon can focus on making the Avengers its own thing while still connecting story threads from other Marvel movies. I'd like to see him finish what he started.

Post Posted: December 16th 2014 8:57 am

Title:
Join: January 4th 2009 3:49 am
Looking forward to this immensely!!!

Post Posted: January 14th 2015 8:26 pm

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/15/r ... war-part-1

I wish. It would seriously shake up the Marvel Universe in a great way.

Post Posted: March 1st 2017 3:23 am

Post Posted: July 15th 2017 7:31 pm

Post Posted: July 17th 2017 2:58 am

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am
I need to see this

Post Posted: July 22nd 2017 11:59 pm

Medium Pimpin

Join: February 3rd 2004 8:03 pm

Post Posted: July 23rd 2017 4:32 am

Join: March 19th 2005 12:39 pm
The whole cut-in-half screener (whence the image above came)

https://streamable.com/adq6i

Post Posted: July 24th 2017 10:16 pm

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm

Post Posted: July 24th 2017 10:33 pm

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm

Post Posted: November 27th 2017 2:40 pm

Post Posted: November 29th 2017 9:36 am

Post Posted: January 14th 2018 10:58 pm

Post Posted: April 28th 2018 6:37 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm

Post Posted: May 5th 2018 6:17 pm

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
nobody? I saw it last night

Post Posted: May 6th 2018 3:45 am

Yeah, I saw it opening night. Haven't posted a write up because it's been kinda of a ghost town around here but needless to say it blew me away.

Post Posted: May 6th 2018 1:28 pm

I thought it was really good. I loved how the tone and mood of the movie shifted each time the story changed... Like there was a different director for each squad. No story felt unimportant.

Post Posted: May 6th 2018 7:43 pm

Join: October 31st 2003 7:00 am
Saw it today.

Pretty shocking ending, especially considering the sequels that have already been announced. But it was intense, packed and well-paced and edited. Really felt like the end of an era. Did not expect the deaths we saw, but what was more surprising to me was those that survived.

Post Posted: May 7th 2018 9:56 am

Well. its comics so. Id say everyone that died will come back and those that are alive will actually die. if that makes any sense outside a comic book.

Post Posted: May 7th 2018 7:18 pm

Guardians 3 and Homecoming 2 are already on the Phase 4 slate and the Doctor Strange writers have said they're working on a sequel script with Nightmare as the villain. So while it's understandable the IW writers and directors would continue to remain firm on their stance that the deaths are permanent, the future movie slate indicates otherwise. Most of the original Avenger cast's contracts are done after A4 so like Hokusai said, some or all of the characters that dissolved might return and the legacy characters like IM, Cap and Thor, etc will meet their final end thus passing the torch to the newer characters. The Russos also confirmed that Gamora's soul is indeed inside the Soul Stone as that final scene between Thanos and young Gamora implied. Not that the movies ever follow the comics exactly but the finger snap was undone by Nebula in Infinity Gauntlet story. We've got a year to speculate.

One of my favorite surprises in the film was definitely the return of the Red freaking Skull! I did not see that coming! The Skull's always been one of my favorite villains so it was great to finally see what became of him after the Tesseract zapped him into the cosmos. I also didn't notice that it was not Hugo Weaving right away so kudos to the make-up crew and Ross Marquand (who replaced Weaving) for a pretty spot on likeness and impression. :clap:

Post Posted: May 13th 2018 11:27 pm

I can't imagine how supremely difficult this was for the Russo Bros to pull off. All things considered, it's a miracle it works as well as it does. This movie rewards loyal fans of the MCU for their 10 year investment in the franchise, which is awesome, but it is totally inaccessible to anyone who hasn't seen nearly all of those films. Personally, I had a lot of fun with it.

However, the MCU is in a place now where I don't believe in the stakes it creates. I know that there's going to be a BP2, Homecoming 2 and a Guardians 3, so I just didn't believe it was permanent when those characters vanished. It also doesn't help that characters have died and come back to life in this universe multiple times. Was the ending here bold? Sure, if I didn't think they were going to use the time stone to somehow fix what Thanos broke.

A few WTF:

- What happened to Thanos' blue eyes?
- It feels like a missed opportunity for them not to have shown Thanos taking the power stone in a post-credits sequence. Kind of odd that he just shows up with it and Xandar, a key location in this universe, has apparently been destroyed.

Post Posted: May 14th 2018 7:33 pm

I don't disagree with lack of believable stakes but I wonder if it's even possible when the monetary success of the franchise practically dictates that the main heroes be bulletproof. The MCU has now told a relatively complete story so it's going to be interesting how they transition to a new era once A4 comes out and how they keep it fresh before people just lose interest. What will happen to the big three, IM, Cap & Thor? Will they recast them, have different characters assume the role like in the comics or will they actually legit kill off the old guard and let the newer characters run with the ball?

I also liked Thanos' glowing eyes from his previous appearances. I'd wager they dropped it since eyes are one of the crucial elements that really sell a digital character's believability. Maybe they felt like him having glowing blue eyes would detract from the emotion that needed to be conveyed through his eyes.

Side note, since we're all SW fans here, it was cool to see a nod to TPM Naboo battle with the various energy shield elements during the Wakanda battle.

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©