[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - Captain America III • CIVIL WAR
It is currently May 26th 2020 12:03 pm

Post Posted: October 16th 2014 11:58 pm

Site Admin

Join: May 25th 1977 7:00 am

Post Posted: October 17th 2014 6:45 pm

Join: January 22nd 2004 10:02 pm
The Russos hit it out of the park with TWS so I'm really excited to see where they go with Cap 3. I am a bit reserved on the RDJ news. I just hope this doesn't end up feeling like IM4 with a guest appearance by Steve Rogers instead of what it should actually be; a proper solo Cap sequel.

I'm not a big fan of the comic Civil War story but since Marvel hasn't really ever adapted a comic story verbatim I'm sure it will be more 'in name only' borrowing elements from that story while crafting something totally new. I could see the the Superhero Registration Act from that story coming into play but without the secret identity aspect since most of the MCU's heroes don't have secret identities. Following the fallout from AoU, and Stark being largely responsible for it the government would probably want to start having more control over superheroes requiring them to register.

Adding to SI's list, there's plenty of threads left from TWS that can and should be explored.

Brock Rumlow - Survived albeit extra crispy. Bring on Crossbones.

Sharon Carter/Agent 13 - She only shared brief screentime with Steve in TWS but I'd expect she'll probably be the new romantic interest.

Arnim Zola - The guy cheated death by transferring his mind into an A.I. I doubt he was gonna stand by and let a missile strike wipe him out. He could have uploaded himself onto the net or into a backup location.

Hydra - The Avengers will be dealing with Baron Von Strucker and Hydra early on in AoU so we'll have to see what Hydra's status is after that conflict. I doubt they'll be totally wiped out. Meanwhile, AoS will continue running the whole Hydra threat into the ground during season 2.

Red Skull - I'm a big Red Skull fan so I would love to see him make a return. A lot of fans have been lobbying for Zemo but I feel having the Skull make a comeback would tie the Cap trilogy together nicely. It's just a question of how they would bring him back considering he was teleported to parts unknown and Hugo Weaving has expressed disinterest in reprising the role. Logistics of his return aside, perhaps they could do a Dell Rusk scenario with Skull masquerading as a senator who initiates the registration act in an attempt to bring the heroes and gifted individuals under his and Hydra's thumb. Whatever, just spit balling.

Post Posted: October 19th 2014 10:34 pm

Title:
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Having been years since I read it, wasn't 'Civil War' ultimately to have been caused by the Skrulls? Didn't they infiltrate the Illuminati or some such gimmicky thing and cause it all? Skrull Tony orchestrated shooting the Hulk off into space (Planet Hulk, live action gold right there Disney wtf) and everything after including Civil War, didn't he? Well, him and scandalously drawn Spider-Woman/Skrull Queen (??I think??) So would RDJ be playing an imposter Tony, or the real Tony?

All that makes me wonder if the 'Civil War' rumors aren't really kind of grasping, has there been an official statement using the term at all? If not, I hope they come up with something better. The whole thing was kind of an anti-climactic mess from what I recall. A pretty mess, but still.

I really enjoyed the action of TWS. The fighting scenes were done well, in that 'Bruce Lee-ish', 'stand-back and watch' style where you can see the way people move. Not a bunch of tight shots edited/quick-jammed together to present the illusion of intense fighting. I liked that, hope future films follow suit.

Still, thanks for the updates :)

Post Posted: October 20th 2014 3:22 am

Yeah, Marvel hasn't made an official announcement regarding RDJ's involvement yet. Variety originally reported the story based on their 'sources' and since then every tom, dick and harry comic news site has been reporting Cap 3 as officially being about Civil War.

Post Posted: October 28th 2014 3:56 pm

Post Posted: October 31st 2014 8:33 pm

Title:
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Well, one has to hope they do better than the comic. Not a tall order, in terms of pleasing the audience. Not that it was 'bad' per se, it was so spread out over so many titles, there was just so much of it. It got tangled in its own feet a bit for me. There were some really rad ideas there too though, so I wouldn't say its a disappointment. I would wonder how they would explain the throngs of heroes involved in the comic's version. Will the cinematic version be equal in scope, is a race of shape-shifters on the horizon? Or have I just missed something?

I would wonder if there must be, I don't know how else they do it without making Iron Man into an idiot, or an actual prick. Neither would sell me on a story in one film. I'd be shocked and impressed if it did. It has happened before though.

Thanks for posting!

Post Posted: April 26th 2015 7:53 pm

Post Posted: April 27th 2015 8:49 am

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm

Post Posted: May 4th 2015 3:30 pm

Post Posted: May 6th 2015 7:43 pm

Post Posted: May 7th 2015 11:36 am

Post Posted: May 7th 2015 6:01 pm

Post Posted: May 7th 2015 7:38 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
This looks to be Avengers 2.5. I actually trust the Russo bros more than I do Whedon, so I'm looking forward to their "pre-Avengers" Avengers movie before they take on actual Avengers movies.

Post Posted: May 7th 2015 8:27 pm

Site Admin

I reckon there will be a mid-credit and an end-credit scene.

The mid-credit scene hinting at Infinity Wars, and the end-credit scene showing our favourite friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.

:what:

Post Posted: May 15th 2015 4:21 pm

Post Posted: May 18th 2015 9:26 am

Post Posted: May 19th 2015 12:47 am

Post Posted: May 19th 2015 9:26 am

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
whats on his hands? i dont know that character very well

Post Posted: May 20th 2015 2:45 am

Post Posted: August 12th 2015 5:51 pm

Post Posted: August 15th 2015 2:25 pm

Post Posted: August 27th 2015 9:33 pm

Post Posted: August 29th 2015 12:47 pm

D23 footage has leaked! (In screengrab & gif form so far):

Post Posted: August 30th 2015 9:06 pm

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Interesting

Post Posted: September 21st 2015 12:04 am

Post Posted: November 25th 2015 12:54 am

Post Posted: December 1st 2015 4:02 pm

Site Admin

After TWS and now this trailer, I really like the direction the Russo bros are taking Cap.

Post Posted: December 3rd 2015 8:50 pm

Post Posted: December 3rd 2015 9:07 pm

Site Admin

The way I see it Black Panther is taking the comic role of Spider-Man in Civil War as far perhaps being the catalyst for the split? I read a synopsis recently where it alludes to Black Panther sitting on the fence/changing sides. I also seem to remember when Boseman was first cast you had him on stage between RDJ and Evans in a tug-o-war situation.

Post Posted: December 4th 2015 11:40 am

Join: December 3rd 2015 2:46 pm
I think I'd prefer that rather than having Spider-Man running around in this.

Post Posted: December 9th 2015 7:30 pm

Post Posted: December 18th 2015 7:41 pm

Post Posted: February 8th 2016 2:30 am

Post Posted: March 10th 2016 2:44 pm

Post Posted: March 10th 2016 5:22 pm

So, so awesome.

Spider-man suit looks pretty great - a perfect "first costume" if we expect it to progress from Ditko-Era SM to McFarlane, etc.

Marvel knows their shit.

Post Posted: March 16th 2016 7:10 am

Join: March 19th 2005 12:39 pm
Looks truly awesome. And this comes from a cynical bastard who's usually not that excited by comic book films. But I love Evans and Downey in these roles. Fighting for your values rather than just combating a 1-dimensional villain makes it so much more personal and engaging.

I wasn't this excited for a Marvel film since the first Avengers.

Post Posted: March 16th 2016 9:20 pm

Site Admin

Will that Spidey suit be Stark tech? Looks the business..

Post Posted: April 30th 2016 8:04 pm

Site Admin

I've seen this twice already. Such a great movie.

Yes there are some exposition scenes but they are deftly woven in and around some of the greatest action scenes you are likely to see, not just in a comic book movie, but in any action movie that has gone before.

They really made some wholesale edits to the big airport scene for the marketing campaign. There's shit going down in that scene that needs to be seen on the big screen.

The fact the Russo Bros are making Infinity Wars just gets me amped.

Post Posted: April 30th 2016 11:41 pm

Title:
Join: October 8th 2014 9:20 am
Having the aiport scene shot in My hometown in Germany Iam most eager to see it!! Next Weekend!

Post Posted: May 2nd 2016 11:36 pm

Site Admin

Post Posted: May 5th 2016 9:52 pm

Just got out. It was awesome, as expected.

Marvel rarely does wrong, and when they do right it is so, so, so right.

So many amazing highlights to count, and so many legitimately funny moments. Can't wait to see it again.

This is what I imagined when I was praying Spider-man came back to Marvel. I don't know how I feel about Aunt May being a hip younger woman, but I'm sure I'll learn to like it if the performance is good. I thought Rosemary Harris nailed Aunt May.

i thought the biggest laugh in the movie came from Paul Rudd

Post Posted: May 6th 2016 6:45 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
Does the movie seem more like a 3rd Avengers film than a Cap sequel? Does Rogers get shorted with screen time, because of the large supporting cast?

Post Posted: May 6th 2016 7:46 pm

I think TWS was better but this was a solid entry to finish up a pretty damn good trilogy overall. I don't think the plot was as interesting as TWS. What transpired felt like the natural and logical culmination of the events that have happened in the MCU thus far but it didn't seem enough to sustain the whole film. It pretty much boiled down to revenge and redemption. T'Challa, Zemo and at the end Tony wanting vengeance for their families deaths and Cap trying like hell to save and vindicate his friend. It all works, I just didn't find it as gripping a story but it made for great character drama. I didn't care much for the revelation of other Winter Soldiers and was kinda fearing that that would end up being the climax of the film with the heroes fighting more super-soldiers. Luckily it did not but that just made it that much more of a superfluous plot point. Zemo was a bit of a disappointment as well.

Black Panther and Spidey were both great. It seems like Spidey's finally in capable hands. I feel I'm looking forward to BP's solo film more right now though since he's the fresher character.

Action and set pieces were great as expected. The fisticuffs are fast, brutally hard-hitting and framed perfectly. The Russos know their stuff on how to stage and shoot a fight scene, that's for sure. The airport battle was lot's of fun. Spidey got most of the cheers and laughs with Rudd's Ant-Man a close second in my theater.

The vfx for "young Tony" were amazing. I thought the young Michael Douglas in Antman looked great but this was even better.

The two credit scenes were pretty underwhelming.

It didn't feel like Avengers 3 to me at all and Rogers has plenty of screentime. The Winter Soldier/Bucky's plight is a major driving point of the film so in that respect it's very much a direct sequel to Cap2.

Post Posted: May 7th 2016 9:53 pm

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Any scene with Black Widow in it was awesome....especially whens he took on the two hydra agents....dear lord, that stunt person is awesome.

Post Posted: May 9th 2016 7:15 pm

Site Admin

It is absolutely a sequel to TWS first and foremost. It also follows on and references AOU heavily.

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©