[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - Daredevil • Netflix Series • 2015
It is currently May 25th 2020 3:54 pm

Post Posted: August 5th 2014 11:28 pm

Join: January 22nd 2004 10:02 pm

Post Posted: October 11th 2014 2:47 pm

Post Posted: January 7th 2015 4:00 pm

Post Posted: April 3rd 2015 6:22 pm

Post Posted: April 11th 2015 3:10 am

Watched four episodes so far. This show is sick! It's so awesome to have a live action Daredevil that does justice to the source material. Start watching this now!

Post Posted: April 12th 2015 8:18 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
When I heard that Daredevil was getting a TV show, I thought it was a step back for the character. Boy, was I wrong.

While I'm only five episodes in, it does seems like Marvel has found the perfect format for Daredevil. His story is too deliberate and involved to tackle in a conventional two hour popcorn flick.

So far, I think Agent Carter and Gotham are more fun. But, they definitely can’t touch the quality of the show’s production value. Marvel and Goddard have brought their A-game, and, Netflix has given them the financial backing to match their ambitions.

For me, the show is almost worth checking out for the martial arts sequence alone. They’ve really gone above and beyond with the jujitsu.

Post Posted: April 12th 2015 11:04 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Agent Carter was fantastic and Daredevil is already playing out like an epic. I couldn't be more impressed with the show and I'm on Episode 8.

Post Posted: April 18th 2015 8:17 am

Post Posted: June 9th 2015 4:35 pm

Post Posted: June 9th 2015 5:55 pm

I agree. Also, TV is a much better format for Mr. Castle then film. When do they starting filming the new season?

Post Posted: June 10th 2015 12:49 pm

If they're planning a similar April premiere date then I would guess filming will probably start in or around August since that was season 1's timetable.

Post Posted: July 7th 2015 10:10 pm

Post Posted: December 29th 2015 2:43 pm

Post Posted: February 15th 2016 2:38 pm

Post Posted: April 5th 2016 7:31 pm

So, season 2. I don't think it was as good as the first but still pretty damn good. John Bernthal was another stellar piece of casting and all the Punisher material was overall fantastic. The scenes with him and the Kingpin in prison were gripping, tension filled and had me in suspense. The season's weak point for me was The Hand and Elektra story arc. I didn't find it all that interesting and many things didn't make much sense or seem to go anywhere. What was that huge hole in the ground for? Why were they draining those people of their blood? Maybe I missed some details but I still thought it was tedious and at times silly. As much as I liked Berthal as Frank Castle, I wasn't as high on the actress cast as Elektra. I'm not sure why exactly, she was okay but I never really connected her as Elektra. The final two episodes dealt with wrapping up the Hand storyline and due to this were definitely the weakest of the season. Much of it degenerated into endless fights topped with a very unsatisfying and emotionless Elektra death. Nice visual callback to her comicbook death but it definitely should have been saved for later and done proper with Bullseye.

A few other random thoughts:
Netflix needs to get work on a solo Punisher series immediately!
Daredevil's S2 suit was much better but could still use some streamlining in the smaller details.
That stairwell fight with the biker-gang. Just wow! Great companion piece to the S1 hallway fight.
Bullseye for season 3, please!
Despite some shortcomings it's definitely worth your time. Check it out if you haven't.

Post Posted: April 6th 2016 9:12 am

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
I thought it was far better than season 1. There were a lot of fairly dry and boring episodes on the first season, which I still thoroughly enjoyed, but I totally binged this season because of how fast it moved.

Agree that the Hand threat was not as gripping as Fisk, but I thought Matt's struggle with whether or not his approach to vigalante justice was the right one made up for it. Punisher was flat out awesome. Incredible performance. I didn't have a problem with the portrayal of Elektra and it's clear she will be back in some form.

Fisk remains the big bad of this series, so I'm interested to see where that goes next.

Post Posted: July 21st 2016 10:37 pm

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©