It is currently November 13th 2018 7:47 pm




  Page 1, 2  Next

who does NYA look more like
Stiles from Teen Wolf 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Poor Mans Nick Cage (so sayeth the beavervomit) 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
Judd Nelson and Andrew McCarthy's love child 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Travis Locke, whoever he is 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 18
Post Posted: May 10th 2008 8:57 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
This is still a friendly topic, so please don't get all bent out of shape, yet. Feel free to do so in a minute. But first, there a questions. Questions that need answering.

I'm going to go ride off to smoke weed in a basement reading dusty books like Gandalf now, while you folks fight it out.

Keep it secret, Frodo. Keep it safe. [marq=right] :mrgreen: :? :mrgreen:[/marq]

Oh, and PS- Mr Actor dude, you said you might be explaining your angry "Hollywood sucks" attitude someday. Is that forthcoming? I'm just curious. Because otherwise, I'm going to start telling you in the middle of threads that you need to either get laid more or take a shit, because you post like someone who is off thier meds, undersexxed, or constipated.

I should know, I'm often all three. I'm not only the Hair club president, etc blah blah & stuff.


Post Posted: May 10th 2008 10:06 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
is that really a picture of you Newyorkactor? if it is, then that's really kinda cheesy, having one of your headshots as your avatar. you kinda look like a poor-man's version of Nicholas Cage. just wondering.


Post Posted: May 11th 2008 6:19 am
 

Join: July 29th 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 47
bearvomit wrote:
is that really a picture of you Newyorkactor? if it is, then that's really kinda cheesy, having one of your headshots as your avatar. you kinda look like a poor-man's version of Nicholas Cage. just wondering


Actually, I've been told I look like a "cute" Nicolas Cage. And I'm not an actor much.

Now, just because I insulted "the rings", there's no reason to get all pissy. Can't we just be nice?

Lemme know.


Post Posted: May 11th 2008 7:51 am
 

Join: March 15th 2005 9:39 am
Posts: 934
Location: Nashville, TN
I like this thread. If for nothing more than the Teen Wolf reference. And that's why i voted for that.

Oh and let me do the Reservation thing here: This guy sucks for hating Iron Man! :meatwad:


Post Posted: May 11th 2008 9:18 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
He does not post like me Troy:hrmph:


If I had feelings, I might pout too


Post Posted: May 11th 2008 11:35 am
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
Obi-Wan Starkiller wrote:
I like this thread. If for nothing more than the Teen Wolf reference.



Dast goot, ja?
[flash width=425 height=355]http://www.youtube.com/v/cuRee6JHfOs[/flash]


Post Posted: May 12th 2008 6:38 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3464
TroyObliX wrote:
...you need to either get laid more or take a shit...



Or both. Simultaneously. :o


Post Posted: May 12th 2008 12:51 pm
 
User avatar

Join: July 31st 2004 10:51 am
Posts: 54
I always thought he looked a bit like Brad Garrett from Everybody Loves Raymond


Post Posted: May 12th 2008 7:28 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
I stand by my Nic Cage observation. it's no wonder you don't have work, you look too much like the guy.


Post Posted: May 12th 2008 11:28 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
Has that guy done anything that didn't suck since Raising Arizona? Other than Wild at Heart, and that was only good because David Lynch is a fucking nutjob. In a good way of course.

Cage match is in the lead, btw.


Post Posted: May 13th 2008 7:04 am
 

Join: March 15th 2005 9:39 am
Posts: 934
Location: Nashville, TN
I know it's wrong, but I still like the Rock. It is one of the easiest Bay/Bruckheimer movies to watch. That said, I can't think of another thing I'd watch of Cage. And to think, he was almost Superman.


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 1:38 pm
 
User avatar

Join: July 1st 2005 10:27 am
Posts: 57
ImageImage

corellian77 wrote:
I always thought he looked a bit like Brad Garrett from Everybody Loves Raymond


HA Spot on! Before I even read this I posted the comparison photos above, nice.


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 3:46 pm
 

Join: July 29th 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 47
Rotflmfao!!!

I am truly honored. Sincerely, I'm glad you guys hate me so much that you decided to bestow upon me my own thread of burning pain that is the realm of flames. But I do have a sense of humor. well played, ;)

To answer some of your questions... Yes, I really am an Actor-part time. I do many things in the industry-part time. I am a lover of films-Full time. I will eventually make films-Full time. for now, I critique what I hate, and praise what I like, while I earn the money to finance said films.

Do I have to be so anal about things? No, but I enjoy it because it gives me a chance to disseminate my views on the Film and TV industries, and in turn hear those of others. Notice, in all of my posts here, I have never directly attacked the views of others by name calling ( that is to say, personally calling a poster out for his/her views and verbally insulting them). I respect those views. I respect that some of you like things I don't.

What I don't respect is the industry, though I also love it with everything I have down to the marrow, which again, is why I also hate it for what its become.

Ah well. . .to close this thread, Fuck The Hulk for being an excuse to get big, green relatively unchanged rubber -faced monster number 1 up against generic, badly adapted movie of the week monster number 2, when they could have re-done the Bixby series cannon, Fuck Edward Norton for being a prissy control freak who's ego is swelling too much for his raspy, trill-toned voice to brace, Fuck the makers of Terminator for watering down our beloved franchise of uber-cool, Fuck the makers of Hancock for being too stupid to realize that Chasing Amy was a clue in some regards of what NOT to think would be a "cool scene" in a Superhero movie during said Hero's climaxing, and finally, fuck me for making such a bad impression to allot of people I have lurked around and watched for almost 6 years here at MF to the point that they might think I'm an asshole.

If that's the case, I truly apologize.

But seriously, I can take it guys. It's just life. It's not the end of the world.

:heavymetal:


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 3:51 pm
 

Join: July 29th 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 47
Obi-Wan Starkiller wrote:
I like this thread. If for nothing more than the Teen Wolf reference. And that's why i voted for that.

Oh and let me do the Reservation thing here: This guy sucks for hating Iron Man! :meatwad:


Ummmm, if you check my Iron man thread post, you will see that I said it was an excellent ride, and superbly cast.

What have you been smoking? :what:

bearvomit wrote:
I stand by my Nic Cage observation. it's no wonder you don't have work, you look too much like the guy.


Actually, Beaver-Vomit, I get work. I just keep a low profile because "what i really want to do is direct." :roll:


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 6:15 pm
 

Join: March 15th 2005 9:39 am
Posts: 934
Location: Nashville, TN
NewYorkActor wrote:
Ummmm, if you check my Iron man thread post, you will see that I said it was an excellent ride, and superbly cast.

What have you been smoking? :what:


You haven't been in this area before have you? The Iron Man hate was a joke from another thread. Nothing to you personally. :schoolyou:


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 6:46 pm
 
Fat Bastard

Join: September 27th 2005 8:01 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: In hell
Where the hell did this guy come from, someone's ass hole?


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 7:34 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
Quote:
Actually, Beaver-Vomit, I get work. I just keep a low profile because "what i really want to do is direct." :roll:


nu-uh, if your name's Travis Locke, I looked it up on IMDB and you haven't done shit. It's listed under an alias of Travis Cowsill and he's mainly a storyboard artist. And we're not hating on you, you've made some good comments, but you also seem pretty bitter about movies and seem to take it personally FAR too much.

Movies are made by rich assholes that don't have a fucking clue about what people REALLY want to see. They're after the bottom dollar. Period. They really don't give a shit if they destroy a franchise, if it makes money right then, then fuck it. They're probably wanting to make action figures and bed spreads for the next Terminator so why do they care if it's against everything a Terminator movie should be. More asses in the seats means more money in their pockets and therefore more coke up their noses and more whores in their bedrooms. You'll be the same way if you ever turn Director. Shit, I would.


Post Posted: May 16th 2008 9:01 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
Thanks for your response(s) Mr Actor. I hope you do not actually believe you are hated here at the mf, in general at least. Sure, someone out there hates your guts. But that is not the point of this thread. Nor am I that person. I don't even know your guts. And quite honestly you aren't my type, being a dude and shit, so I doubt I ever will. Unless those people who do in fact hate your guts get a hold of you and post pics of the aftermath online. But we are getting a little sidetracked here.

I started this more for the sheer kicks than to hurt anyones feelings. This is sport typing, people, lets not get offended until someone actually deserves it. And then lets all laugh at them. And ourselves for getting so worked up about it.

Don't want people to think you are an asshole? Well, maybe you should look at your messages a little before pressing "submit" and see if you are being an asshole. And even if you are, are you okay with that? Sometimes being an asshole is called for and just fucking dandy. Sometimes it isn't. But usually, it makes me laugh so I say just go with it. Just maybe not in the middle of the actual topic threads. Unless it's being topical. Then, by all means, asshole away. Just don't be all Harry Potter about it when someone calls you on it. Stiles.


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 8:27 am
 

Join: July 29th 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 47
Thanks guys ( even Beaver-Vomit-and yes, I do work, but keep a very low profile, bunky.)

No worries or hard feelings all.

See ya later


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 9:56 am
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
I have a pic of me as my avatar. I thought we all did. Man, I am going to have to re-think all this e-socialism now.

This is nice. So far. No one has gotten pissy just yet. I don't think beavervomit is reacting to your opinion as much as he is to your picture. And really, I think you look more like Stiles from Teen Wolf than Nick Capolla, but the vote is still out.

I'm an actor too. I go to work, I act like I respect my co-workers. I go to the store, I act like I'm not really thinking of how I'm totally going to fucking loot the place once zombies or the appocalypse show up. I get bill collectors on the phone, I act like I'm going to pay them. I wonder if I can put that on my resume.


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 10:25 am
 

Join: October 25th 2005 2:12 pm
Posts: 508
TroyObliX wrote:
I'm an actor too. I go to work, I act like I respect my co-workers. I go to the store, I act like I'm not really thinking of how I'm totally going to fucking loot the place once zombies or the appocalypse show up. I get bill collectors on the phone, I act like I'm going to pay them. I wonder if I can put that on my resume.

Can I get your autograph Troy? :)


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 4:38 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
see, you've got my interest now. name something you've done. anything. i bet at least one of us has seen it.

and also, just about everyone of the main members here has had their asses handed to them at some point while on here. think of it as our initiation ritual. you're one of the guys now. :meatwad:


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 8:43 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Some of us more than others. *snicker*


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 8:56 pm
 
Fat Bastard

Join: September 27th 2005 8:01 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: In hell
bearvomit wrote:
just about everyone of the main members here has had their asses handed to them at some point while on here.


Aint that the damn truth.


Post Posted: May 17th 2008 10:46 pm
 

Join: October 25th 2005 2:12 pm
Posts: 508
bearvomit wrote:
just about everyone of the main members here has had their asses handed to them at some point while on here.

Raveers wrote:

Aint that the damn truth.

And we're the ones that can handle it, the so called survivors. The rest are nubs who can't handle the truth or took themselves way too damn seriously. :gb2tfn:


Post Posted: May 18th 2008 1:12 am
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
I was a complete idiot when I started posting here. Come to think of it, I haven't improved much over time.


I concur with Dr. Vomit, tell us where we might have seen your work New York. Hell, a real life Death-Star gunner posts here sometimes so it ain't like you'd be the only one on-board committed to celuloid. And I've done any number of despicable things that have been captured on video tape, albeit then hidden safely away in a secret compartment in the back of my dresser. Man, if anyone ever buys that at a resale shop, are they going to be in for a surprise.

Speaking of people who just couldn't take it, or stfu when they oughtta', I wonder what ever happened to Mr McFeelings, the deaf guy from Syracuse who didn't care about the sound quality or the aspect ratio of the OG-OT DVD releases a while back. I think someone broke his knuckles so he wouldn't burden anyone elses eyes with his crappy posting.


Post Posted: May 18th 2008 6:54 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
yeah, or Fatboy Roberts, or that Beca chick, or all those other posers that ran together like a little clique here a few years ago during the big fallout. Those are some assholes that I'm glad never came back!


Post Posted: May 18th 2008 7:39 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
I see the MF Cleaner team has been working. Pretty soon, none of you will even remember them.


Post Posted: May 18th 2008 9:30 am
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
Ahh, Mutiny on the HMS Falcon, those were dark times. Maybe we should pm DP and demand that he ban people that we don't collectively like/circle jerk with. Because it seemed like such a good idea when they did it. :whateva:

And I think it was Bacta, not Beca, and curiously she didn't get outright deleted like most of them. As far as what happened to them, they are all farking around at a poppycock of garanimals making dog fucker April fools goodness, thinking we suck for being here. Snore.

Last I remember they had hidden the forums over there because they are into ultra super secret cool kid stuff that would burst our eyeballs if we saw it. And that was after they banned Bacta from her own board, and admitted to being Indian call center employees that idolize American film gangsta types, as I recall.

Dark Times indeed, but enough about those that must not be named, there are a lot of singular loner lunatics that have came and went whose idiocy is worth remembering. Like the guy who thought that the entire 6 film saga should be remade in the style of the Clone Wars 3D Animation. Yeah, great idea. I think he was actually "Mr McFeelings", and not Dildo Douchebaggins from Syracuse I mentioned earlier.


Post Posted: May 18th 2008 9:09 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Oh, I bet some of them still lurk here. Waiting. Scheming.


Post Posted: May 18th 2008 11:23 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
I like to think they are out doing more important things.

But if they are, lesbian Russian pop-stars are a decent distraction.

[flash width=425 height=355]http://www.youtube.com/v/QbJ6UAk8Bp8[/flash]


Post Posted: May 19th 2008 7:22 am
 
User avatar

Join: March 24th 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 259
If you really want a laugh, last Friday at work I ended up reading threads from res from pre-Episode 3 and got a fun reminder of the disaster that was StacE and the fallout she caused. That was a few years ago now, which is really hard to believe.


Post Posted: May 19th 2008 7:38 am
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
Time flies when you're bored as sh$t.

As for Tatu, it be so much better if there weren't so many pictures of the two of them running around Moscow with their boyfriends. Still, Muffin.ru had some great remixes of their songs combined with Ramstein...if you like Ramstein, I'd encourage to visit the site.


Post Posted: May 19th 2008 11:06 am
 

Join: October 25th 2005 2:12 pm
Posts: 508
Fantana wrote:
If you really want a laugh, last Friday at work I ended up reading threads from res from pre-Episode 3 and got a fun reminder of the disaster that was StacE and the fallout she caused. That was a few years ago now, which is really hard to believe.

Imagine what drama will unfold when the Clone Wars approches release.


Post Posted: May 20th 2008 9:35 pm
 
User avatar

Join: May 2nd 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 1999
Location: Down the rabbit hole
speaking of NY, this was at the NYCC. you love this, you know it.


Image


Post Posted: May 23rd 2008 5:34 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3464
bearvomit wrote:
see, you've got my interest now. name something you've done. anything. i bet at least one of us has seen it.


Same here. I'd also like to see your work.
Hell, I even posted links here to some voice over stuff I've done in the past. You could certainly do the same.

Unless your full of shit, of course.


Post Posted: May 23rd 2008 6:01 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
Isn't being an actor really all about being convincing while being full of shit?


Post Posted: May 26th 2008 7:46 am
 
OBGYN
User avatar

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm
Posts: 3464
Right. That's what the Stanislawski Method is all about. :monocle:


Post Posted: May 29th 2008 3:49 pm
 

Join: July 29th 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 47
Wow. It's just a review guys. Lighten up.

As to the other remarks. No, actually, I'm not trying to do anything but, A.) write and express my thoughts in an articulate fashion (perks of a good education) and B.) offer a review as someone who likes movies, and, (credits, no credits, or credits that simply aren't listed as allot of the stuff we work on sometimes is such for a variety of reasons) has an opinion about a franchise he loves.

I'll state again as I have before here at MF, I have never once attacked a single member here on the board, have I? No, that appears to be some of your M.O.'s. It seems to me that anytime anyone has a difference of opinion here, or for that matter chooses to be as well spoken as he can about said opinion, they are flamed and labeled as a heretic.

Seriously. Look at how this has panned out and tell me who's being an asshole.

Still, no hard feelings. If you don't want me here posting, If it is such a huge deal to some of you that I am so apparently enraging, then no problem. Its no sweat off my back. But after working in the buisiness for 20 years, I'll safely stick by my reasoning that I am allowed an opinion for every night I spent at that drawing board until 5 AM, storyboarding until my fingers bled to earn a living, and to allow me to make my own dreams of writing and producing films of my own some day a reality.


And seriously, what does my opinion have anything to do with how much money anyone's lost here, Cro Gro? Or for that matter, loss in general? How would you know thing one about me, or my life as you pen here so easily?. I suppose since you know exactly who I am, that you also know what I have been through in my life. I suppose you know exactly how much education and experience I've had in my 37 years on the planet, right, man? You IMDB'd me, so you know exactly who I am, right. Says it all, doesn't it? So I suppose you also then know how I felt when I lost everything I owned, including my life's work in Hurricane Katrina. I suppose you know exactly how much I cried my eyes out when I lost my Uncle, after months holding out for hope, and looking for bodies because of Hurricane Katrina. I suppose you know how I felt when I then, after finally finding his body under a bridge, 9 feet in mud and filth, I then lost my Father on the day of that Uncle's funeral? I suppose you know how hard I had to pull up my bootstraps living out of a car during the dead of winter in Canada, and eating berry nodes because of another private tragedy, and how I've had to struggle to rebuild a life for myself and return to the states with the clothes on my back after a major, life threatening illness that nearly took my own life.

I suppose you know how many hours I spend every damn night trying to create what I hope will be worthy of being made into a film some day, and what that means to me. I suppose you know what the industry and artistry of film means to me. And that it was the one thing that kept me sane when other people might just as well lose it and blow they're brains out.

Must be nice to have that kind of inside knowledge about a person, all from a few posts of opinion around a couple of movies on some message board.

But really, I'd like to know something simple and to the point.

Explain how my opinion on a movie, A MOVIE, directly or indirectly infers that I personally believe my education is better than yours or anybody else's. Why do you find me so threatening. Did I call you out? Did I flame you? Did I post a diatribe about how much of an asshole I think you are for any one of your particular posts here? Or did I just strike some sort of nerve?

All in all, who cares. Wasted energy. I have an opinion. Deal with it. I mean, seriously, who's throwing stones here, my friend?

P.S., for the other chap that appreciated my "charade" and the characters I "play" on the "internet-s" in the review thread... You get -10 for grammar.

Singular, bunky. Not plural. Though you're not the first one to make that mistake, and I doubt you'll have it cataloged in the annals of history as one of your typical gaffs as someone else will after he finally leaves office. :mrgreen:


Oh, and by the way CoGro, you know that Avatar of yours? I storyboarded and did the layout for that scene, and that drawing of Gimpy was directly from it. Nice that you're enjoying my work on a daily basis.


Post Posted: May 29th 2008 5:34 pm
 
I am Jack's bowel cancer

Join: May 2nd 2005 4:19 pm
Posts: 447
Location: NorCal
Wow, you get a -10 for understanding sarcasm on "teh Internet". There's no reason to get all pissy just because people think your opinion sucks, that's their opinion. And there's no need for bringing up your loss when other's have suffered the same if not more than you, you can't compare loss because everyone is different. As to it being your opinion and we shouldn't waste our time reading and replying, you knew that by posting such a review you would get a response, be it positive or negative. I chose to read and I chose to respond, if you don't like my response then don't read it. Your not being attacked as a person, people are attacking/responding to your piss poor attitude, which I think is hilarious.

Fin.


Post Posted: May 29th 2008 6:05 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: Toronto, Canada
You don't need to post your life story because I was agitated at the way you wrote a review. Realistically, I don't really give a shit but you know why I responded the way I did to your review: this isn't the 'New Yorker'. If you wanted to write a review like that there are thousands of places you could have put it. Instead you decided to drop an adjective-laden proverbial 'fuck you' to the community here. Bullshit you don't recognize how your review would offend some people on this board; or if that's the case you still have a lot to learn about basic human psychology. Let me spell it out for you to clear the confusion: when you attempt to objectively and technically review a work of art while pronouncing yourself to be an 'expert', you're indirectly speaking to everyone that would disagree that their opinion is inferior to yours. Please don't respond to that argument with the tired "well, that's your fault if you interpret it that way - everyone has their own opinion" bullshit.

You seem like a bright guy, haven't you learned that the best communicators are those that don't need to flash their education to sound intelligent? Your review would have been much more effective had you attempted to connect to lay people as well as those who knew what the fuck you were talking about. Instead, you came off as arrogant and elitist. Hell, I even AGREE with most of your review (aside from the fact that I was still able to enjoy the movie) but that's not the point here. Whether you claim to not have directly 'personally attacked' anyone on this board, you and I both know you've indirectly done so. If you can't see why you're a prick of the highest kind, then I just plain feel sorry for you.

But hey, it's just my opinion of your review. Lighten up.


Post Posted: May 30th 2008 1:19 am
 
User avatar

Join: June 20th 2004 7:19 pm
Posts: 330
NewYorkActor wrote:
Wow. It's just a review guys. Lighten up.

As to the other remarks. No, actually, I'm not trying to do anything but, A.) write and express my thoughts in an articulate fashion (perks of a good education) and B.) offer a review as someone who likes movies, and, (credits, no credits, or credits that simply aren't listed as allot of the stuff we work on sometimes is such for a variety of reasons) has an opinion about a franchise he loves.

I'll state again as I have before here at MF, I have never once attacked a single member here on the board, have I? No, that appears to be some of your M.O.'s. It seems to me that anytime anyone has a difference of opinion here, or for that matter chooses to be as well spoken as he can about said opinion, they are flamed and labeled as a heretic.

Seriously. Look at how this has panned out and tell me who's being an asshole.

Still, no hard feelings. If you don't want me here posting, If it is such a huge deal to some of you that I am so apparently enraging, then no problem. Its no sweat off my back. But after working in the buisiness for 20 years, I'll safely stick by my reasoning that I am allowed an opinion for every night I spent at that drawing board until 5 AM, storyboarding until my fingers bled to earn a living, and to allow me to make my own dreams of writing and producing films of my own some day a reality.


And seriously, what does my opinion have anything to do with how much money anyone's lost here, Cro Gro? Or for that matter, loss in general? How would you know thing one about me, or my life as you pen here so easily?. I suppose since you know exactly who I am, that you also know what I have been through in my life. I suppose you know exactly how much education and experience I've had in my 37 years on the planet, right, man? You IMDB'd me, so you know exactly who I am, right. Says it all, doesn't it? So I suppose you also then know how I felt when I lost everything I owned, including my life's work in Hurricane Katrina. I suppose you know exactly how much I cried my eyes out when I lost my Uncle, after months holding out for hope, and looking for bodies because of Hurricane Katrina. I suppose you know how I felt when I then, after finally finding his body under a bridge, 9 feet in mud and filth, I then lost my Father on the day of that Uncle's funeral? I suppose you know how hard I had to pull up my bootstraps living out of a car during the dead of winter in Canada, and eating berry nodes because of another private tragedy, and how I've had to struggle to rebuild a life for myself and return to the states with the clothes on my back after a major, life threatening illness that nearly took my own life.

I suppose you know how many hours I spend every damn night trying to create what I hope will be worthy of being made into a film some day, and what that means to me. I suppose you know what the industry and artistry of film means to me. And that it was the one thing that kept me sane when other people might just as well lose it and blow they're brains out.

Must be nice to have that kind of inside knowledge about a person, all from a few posts of opinion around a couple of movies on some message board.

But really, I'd like to know something simple and to the point.

Explain how my opinion on a movie, A MOVIE, directly or indirectly infers that I personally believe my education is better than yours or anybody else's. Why do you find me so threatening. Did I call you out? Did I flame you? Did I post a diatribe about how much of an asshole I think you are for any one of your particular posts here? Or did I just strike some sort of nerve?

All in all, who cares. Wasted energy. I have an opinion. Deal with it. I mean, seriously, who's throwing stones here, my friend?

P.S., for the other chap that appreciated my "charade" and the characters I "play" on the "internet-s" in the review thread... You get -10 for grammar.

Singular, bunky. Not plural. Though you're not the first one to make that mistake, and I doubt you'll have it cataloged in the annals of history as one of your typical gaffs as someone else will after he finally leaves office. :mrgreen:


Oh, and by the way CoGro, you know that Avatar of yours? I storyboarded and did the layout for that scene, and that drawing of Gimpy was directly from it. Nice that you're enjoying my work on a daily basis.


What a fucking crockashit you are. No one gives a damn about your life, okay? Anyone who uses family tragedies for the sake of a message board discussion insults the memory of their family members and makes themselves look like a self-righteous piece of shit. Take your 'articulate fashion' and shove it off this board and up your ass, okay?

Hey New York Actor. You see the guy in your avatar? Yeah, he's a fucking dork bag. I'm going to put this in bold font to make it seem really impressive


Post Posted: May 30th 2008 10:38 am
 
User avatar

Join: July 1st 2005 10:27 am
Posts: 57
NewYorkActor wrote:
Okay guys. Seriously, you all are really over the top with your anger. No problem. It's been fun lurking here over the years, but a little less fun being a member.

I'll leave you all to your web space.

Sorry for the intrusion.


I do believe, that's the only positive thing you've ever posted here.

enjoy yo'self.


Post Posted: May 30th 2008 11:18 am
 

Join: August 6th 2004 6:29 am
Posts: 857
NewYorkActor wrote:
No, actually, I'm not trying to do anything but, A.) write and express my thoughts in an articulate fashion (perks of a good education)


"Crazy, hit-or-miss, fuzzy-creature obsessed George Lucas’s penchant for the obviously ridiculous is the first vomitous mass that belches forth from the screen and squarely into our concession-filled laps with his painfully, clearly usurped-over-Spielberg Directorial choice of cross-dissolving from the (classic, mind you) Paramount Logo, into, sigh, a Prairie Dog mound…complete with erupting Prairie dog" is not articulate nor a sign of much education. It's a run-on sentence with a laughable excess of descriptive terms that would embarrass anyone still in high school.

NewYorkActor wrote:
Wow. It's just a review guys. Lighten up.


You posted it here for public view, so eat shit. I had far fewer problems with your review than I do with your "gee whiz, stop picking on me you bullies" candyass defense mode.


Post Posted: June 16th 2008 8:26 pm
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
do you just love to offend the world or something? your avatar sucks. :whatevaho: I'm glad Katrina left your ass homeless, fucker


Post Posted: June 16th 2008 8:32 pm
 

Join: July 29th 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 47
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I'll find something more suitable.

Sincerely


Post Posted: June 16th 2008 8:39 pm
 
User avatar

Title: Mortician
Join: May 26th 2005 1:23 am
Posts: 1928
Location: Progress City
I'm kind of giggling inside. Bearvomit. Offended. I've seen it all now.

What was the picture of anyways? How bad did it have to be to offend the "rabi of racism" any fucking way? I gots' ta know, man. I'm still giggling inside btw.


Post Posted: June 17th 2008 6:18 am
 
User avatar

Join: October 19th 2004 1:27 pm
Posts: 1702
it was a picture of Jesus with a distorted face and he was wearing a button on his robe that said something like "I love Porn". dumbass, I thought he left anyways?

And about being a racist, Troy. Yes, while it's true I've had racist tendencies towards italians and towel-heads in the past, I feel I've moved on. Done a little growing, and I now only feel that roughly 75% are savage knuckledraggers that use up my good oxygen. Too bad I'm about to have one to call Mr. President soon :roll:


Post Posted: June 17th 2008 9:12 pm
 
User avatar

Title: darthpsychotic@gmail.com
Join: July 3rd 1971 6:59 pm
Posts: 4219
Right - all NewYorkActor-related posts have been moved from the Movie Spoilers forum to here. Some of the resulting back-to-back posts have been merged. :chainsaw:

Yeah I seen the av and don't think it was offensive and since when is offensive bad? In terms of offensive, the only reason why "nigger" is filtered to italian and "superfriend" is filtered to superfriend is because we didn't want the place to looking like the niggermania forums. We also have a Creepy Jesus thread in Res.

The only thing that NewYorkActor and LongtimeSunshine are doing wrong are going into almost each and every movie thread and posting "movie sucks, close thread" or something to that extent, over and over. Also, I agree with Ayatollah that NewYorkActor shouldn't have apologised or write long-ass paragraphs defending himself. If you are gonna troll, just drop a bomb in the thread and run for the hills.

We should also refrain from using are own picture as avatar - this isn't myspace and it's also looked down upon on many other forums as attention-whorish as well.

One thing is for certain, MF is still :heavymetal: three years after Revenge of the Sith even though Live-Action Series keeps on getting pushed back :XD:


Post Posted: June 17th 2008 10:16 pm
 
Bush Pilot
User avatar

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
Posts: 1457
Offensive? Welcome to tha internets. :schoolyou:


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
  Page 1, 2  Next



Jump to:  
cron




millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©