www.millenniumfalcon.com
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Star Wars Television Delayed 2008

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. millenniumfalcon.com Forum Index -> The Live-Action Television Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthpsychotic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Television Delayed 2008 Reply with quote

July 25 2005

source: (canmag.com article & canmag.com)

LIVE-ACTION SERIES DELAYED

EXCERPT:

About a week and a half ago I received an email stating that our articles on the upcoming Star Wars television series were now out of date due to the fact that the TV adaptation will NOT be out, or even beginning production, within a year; unlike what the first reports from Lucas had stated. We had already reported that Lucas didn't plan to go into full-blown production on Star Wars Television till 2006 or 2007...

Star Wars TV 2008

I find it hard to talk about films that come out in 2007 let alone TV shows that are expected in 2008, but then again we are talking about Star Wars here. However, I do have my latest issue of EW, and there is a tiny little column called 'Fever Chart', that states the same change of release date for the Star Wars series. In the 'Fever Chart', this quote is ranked second from bottom [the closer to the bottom the worse the news]:

Star Wars Television won't arrive until 2008.

Magnus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A major motion picture and a tv show are not the same thing. The latter really shouldn't take 3 years to make, especially if it's been declared as a "a series about some background characters" - ie the unimportant ones.
KingElessar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2008 Fuck Off

Oh well! At least they have a lot of time to think about things, and make the show as good as it will be (hopefully).
At the other hand as well, we will (probably) have the films in 3D before the series starts off, we'll have all the films on DVD and we will have Clone Wars III. Not to mention a lot of cool looking games.

Although its a long ride, im sure that we'll be okay until 2008!
Bandersnatch
OBGYN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather he'd wait and take his time to develop this thing, if it has to be done at all. The whole idea still seems dumb to me, though.
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. millenniumfalcon.com Forum Index -> The Live-Action Television Series All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: