[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 555: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 440: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
millenniumfalcon.com • View topic - Official Spoiler Free Discussion VII
It is currently April 3rd 2020 12:05 am

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post Posted: October 25th 2015 12:11 am

Bush Pilot

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
I see the sequel trilogy, like the Thrawn books before it, as a "logical" continuation of the story rather than a thematic one. The plot can't be as grand as what came before; prophetic themes and chosen destinies would be very hard to overshine.

Basically this is the same issue the entire EU was wrapped around. Luke and the gang obviously continue to do things in their galaxy. Good stories can still be told, but necessary? No.

Post Posted: October 25th 2015 3:27 am

Join: October 13th 2014 4:07 pm

Post Posted: October 25th 2015 10:26 pm

Join: October 16th 2014 7:03 pm

Post Posted: October 26th 2015 2:09 am

Join: October 15th 2014 4:19 am

Post Posted: October 26th 2015 11:11 am

Post Posted: October 26th 2015 3:49 pm

OBGYN

Join: August 25th 2004 12:31 pm

Post Posted: October 26th 2015 4:11 pm

Post Posted: October 26th 2015 6:04 pm

OBGYN

Post Posted: October 27th 2015 7:33 am

Post Posted: October 27th 2015 11:24 am

OBGYN

That's my interpretation, so far. There is no single all-powerful regime, but two factions engaged in a power struggle.

Post Posted: October 27th 2015 5:29 pm

Post Posted: October 27th 2015 9:54 pm

Join: August 4th 2004 8:00 pm
My sense is that the First Order has the upper hand. As a form of appeasement, the Republic has allowed the First Order to appropriate a potion of the outer rim (which may include Yavin). The Resistance is just that - an insurgent militia that is attempting to overthrow the occupying power. Unfortunately, human history is rife with similar scenarios.

Post Posted: October 27th 2015 10:33 pm

Join: August 31st 2011 12:03 pm
i highly doubt there ever was anything resembling a new republic in this timeline-
the galaxy is most likely in a state of apocalyptic anarchy. i.e no one really knows the true story
of the war..just that it ended after the collapse of the empire.

Post Posted: October 28th 2015 1:22 pm

Join: October 6th 2004 6:01 pm
It always cracks me up when fans write "what worries me..." or "Im really worried..".

Fact is not all the worry in the world will change TFA to match what you have or want envisioned in your head. Another thing the prequels disaster taught me if your digging too deep it will just make you crazy and leave you even more disappointed.

This is scifi and its core is around conflict. No conflict no star wars. And yes, just because they celebrated the defeat of the empire in ROTJ doesn't mean something worse can't follow up. "I will finish what you started". And personally I think a little mirroring to ANH isn't really a bad thing.

Post Posted: October 29th 2015 1:36 am

Post Posted: November 1st 2015 2:57 pm

Join: October 12th 2004 9:34 pm

Post Posted: November 1st 2015 7:17 pm

Bush Pilot

Join: March 23rd 2005 3:46 pm
I take what Mayhew says with a grain of salt. He was also a gigantic dick when I met him at Wondercon.

Ridley has shown more emotion in the trailers than we saw from Portman in 3 movies. We'll know in two months, I suppose.

Post Posted: November 1st 2015 8:17 pm

Less than two months now. Wow.

And yes, I agree with you.

Post Posted: November 1st 2015 8:24 pm

OBGYN

Post Posted: November 2nd 2015 12:56 am

Post Posted: November 5th 2015 5:06 pm

Post Posted: November 8th 2015 12:25 am

Are we going to feel ripped off if Luke doesn't kick some sort of ass in this movie? I really think this might be number 1 on the long list of things people would actually want to see in the ST.

We've waited 32 years to find out what happened to Luke Skywalker. He's got to fuck shit up, doesn't he?

Post Posted: November 8th 2015 4:35 am

Post Posted: November 8th 2015 10:38 am

OBGYN

But if he doesn't, I won't be disappointed. If this movie is to set up more things to come, then perhaps Luke will have a larger role again in Eps.8 and 9.

Post Posted: November 13th 2015 6:31 pm

Join: April 26th 2005 11:20 am
Holy fuck, I'm out (technically, I've been out since the third and final trailer was released)! See you on the flip side, guys!

I suspect this'll be like kickin' the dope as the weeks progress. I was an unabashedly flagrant prequel spoiler whore. But I have hope. I've grown far more mature and disciplined. :jammin:

May the Force be with us all! :chewbacca:

Post Posted: November 14th 2015 8:51 am

Post Posted: November 15th 2015 11:03 pm

Join: March 11th 2005 9:23 am
All this material, and no Luke; it's kind of fun. I think it would be awesome if he arrives at the end of the film when everyone is in trouble, and Rey looks up and says "Who are you?"

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you."

Post Posted: November 16th 2015 1:48 am

It would be absolute fan service but would also be incredibly boner-inducing.

Post Posted: November 17th 2015 7:22 am

Post Posted: November 17th 2015 11:34 am

Join: November 16th 2008 3:10 pm
If I was all powerful, the only person I would have trouble "destroying" would be my own child. What if JJ uses the opposite McGuffin and has Luke unable to defeat the bad guy due to it being his son. The exact opposite scenario of RotJ.

That may be his only weakness?

Post Posted: November 17th 2015 1:05 pm

Post Posted: December 6th 2015 4:39 am

Join: July 29th 2004 10:58 am
Dumb question. I'm not sure where else to ask this, so I'll just put it here.

The first two trailers were essentially directed by J. J., right? And they feature original music from John Williams?

Whereas the newer trailers are Disney marketing creations.

Just curious. I'm not making commentary on the quality of the trailers or anything like that, and I'd be very thankful if anyone knows.

Post Posted: December 6th 2015 2:01 pm

Post Posted: December 6th 2015 3:27 pm

Join: December 30th 2004 7:13 am

Post Posted: December 6th 2015 4:22 pm

OBGYN

Post Posted: December 6th 2015 4:47 pm

Post Posted: December 6th 2015 8:02 pm

Post Posted: December 7th 2015 1:01 am

Well, there's no need to be a cunt about it. I was merely curious.

Post Posted: December 7th 2015 6:27 am

OBGYN

Check out this interview from last week. JJ talks a little about the trailer-making process: viewtopic.php?f=2015&t=9794

Post Posted: December 7th 2015 1:42 pm

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 3:23 pm

I need more hype please.

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 4:00 pm

My kids and I saw Star Wars apples the other day. This at least makes sense.

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 4:28 pm

Literally everything has Star Wars on it. Disney is really making a push for TFA to be the biggest movie ever.

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 5:28 pm

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 5:54 pm

Join: October 16th 2014 7:03 pm
Still waiting on an officially-licensed flamethrower, just to complete the Spaceballs merchandising prophecy.

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 6:06 pm

Join: September 4th 2011 6:10 am

Post Posted: December 13th 2015 10:23 pm

Post Posted: December 14th 2015 3:11 am

Post Posted: December 14th 2015 8:27 pm

Join: September 20th 2004 6:33 pm
I cannot believe I've stayed spoiler free this long. I was a fiend during the PT, especially Revenge of the Sith. I think I owe the great marketing a lot for keeping everything under wraps. I have no idea what this movie is even about. I think I know the opening moments, but beyond that I have no clue. Looking forward to it!

I will step away from the internet starting tonight, after the LA premiere. See you on the other side, MF!

Post Posted: January 10th 2016 2:58 am

Looking back, I got a few things right about TFA a year before the release:

- Cold War of sorts between Republic and First Order
- First Order has a super weapon
- Kylo Ren is Han/Leia's kid
- Luke in isolation

TBD Rey's origin obviously.

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

millenniumfalcon.com©
phpBB©